The following are web projects I’ve completed both professionally and as side projects. Please contact me if you have any questions, and check my GitHub for some (but not all) of these projects.
Software Developer, FORCORP (May 2016 – December 2016)
- Developed on and supported a land use management web app that allows forestry companies to plan land usage.
- Updated OpenLayers 2 to OpenLayers 3, requiring most of the mapping code to be rewritten.
Online Editor, The Gateway (May 2014 – April 2016)
- Live Project, GitHub
- Released in September to generate most start-of-year traffic ever.
The Gateway Online
- Live Site (note: design has been updated by newer staff)
- Transitioned the website from Expression Engine to WordPress.
- Customized theme with CSS.
- Worked with Webmaster to resolve technical website issues.
- Created interactive content that consistently received much higher than average traffic and reader engagement.
- Used existing platforms instead of reinventing the wheel to speed up turnaround.
- Infographics for sports and news, for example on market modifier increases.
- Interactive timelines, such as Gateway history and Star Wars filming locations.
- Collaborative live blogs of important events, such as Students’ Union elections.
- In-web-page coding support on a feature I wrote on how to code.
Research Assistant, University of Alberta (September 2014 – May 2015)
Philosophy Name Keyword Visualization
- Displays data gathered from the Philosophy Name Keyword Gatherer as part of the Novel-TM project.
- Used in a paper presented at the CSDH/SCHN & ACH 2015 conference.
Catlandia [in progress]
- Site with downloadable Demo
- Multi-platform role-playing game set in a world of cats.
- Collaborating with an artist, two writers, and a musician to create a 2D mobile RPG in Unity3D.
- Creating an online dialogue editor using JQuery and jsPlumb that allows our writers to more efficiently write dialogue for the game.
- Created website in WordPress.